As an active and esteemed member in your linguistics program or institution, you may wish to announce opportunities for enrollment and financial support for students, or you may wish to organize a conference. You may even wish to begin the hiring process to recruit a new faculty member. LINGUIST can help you save some time and effort in doing all of these things!
- Programs and Institutions: If your school has not already been listed in our Institutions, registering in our Programs and Institutions area is an important step. People can align themselves to your institution, you can add degree and research programs relevant to linguistics, and people can name you as their host institution for their research and dissertations.
- FYI: Submit your message here to announce a new program or a scholarship your school has to offer students.
- Support: If you have fellowships or research assistantships available to support students through their degree, submit this information as a Support.
Is your organization or institution hosting a conference? LINGUIST has several services designed specifically with conference organization in mind.
- Conferences: Announce your conference’s meeting description, call for papers, program and registration information.
- Summer Schools: Announce your summer (or other time of the year) school session. No more confusion as to where summer schools (or specialized schools) should be classified.
- EasyAbs: You can you this to organize your entire abstract submission and review process… for free!
If you’re looking for professional linguists for your Institution or Project, check out
Jobs: Submit a position to our concentrated readership of professional linguists. This announcement will remain active for 6 months, or until your position is filled.
Be sure to read our next letter in this series on special interest resources (such as social media, discussions, blogs, etc.)!