Once you’ve conducted research you’re especially proud of, you may wish to share it with the rest of the linguistics community. LINGUIST makes it easy to find a venue that is specific to your interests, and to submit your work for review! All of your published work can then be attributed to your name on our site.
To begin, you may wish to create a listing for yourself in our People Area. Here you can list your affiliations, degrees, areas of interest/research, and publications.
Once your People entry is submitted, explore the services below to help you develop as a professional.
- Conferences Area: Here you can browse upcoming conferences for presenting your research and interacting with linguists who share your interests. Be sure to check out the active Conference Calls for Papers listings.
LINGUIST also maintains a database of Publication information which contains the following features:
- Journals: Look at our Journal listings to find an appropriate fit for your research. Also, many of the journals use LINGUIST to announce Calls for Papers.
- After your information is published, you can announce it as an Academic Paper or as a Dissertation (PhD only).
- Books: Have a book? Here is information on how to get your book announced.
- Reviews: All books announced on our website can also be made available for review by the Reviews Team at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. These reviews are often the first reviews to be distributed to the linguistics community.
Once you have built up your CV, it’s time to look for potential careers in linguistics! “How do I do that?” you may ask. Well, we’ve got an area for all your career-finding needs!
- Jobs: This popular area is a great resource for finding a position in linguistics.
With over 350 active job announcements in our listing, we have one of the most comprehensive databases on linguistic jobs in the world. You can choose to either browse the list or search by such categories as subfield, rank, or location. Because we only keep active jobs in our browse and search area, all positions you find are open and relevant to the field.
Remember, these services are available to the linguistic community by your donations. To help us keep these services available in the future, remember to donate for our traveLING fund drive 2014.