Hello Linguist List Subscribers and Friends (and Graphic Designers!),
This month we started a brand new contest: Design a New LINGUIST List Logo! We are looking for a new logo for our website—one that is modern, cool, and captures the essences of LINGUIST List. LINGUIST List is operated by and used by linguists, so why not have a linguist design our new logo?
To see the history of LINGUIST List’s logos, please refer to our previous blog post: http://blog.linguistlist.org/uncategorized/ethos-pathos-logos/
It’s time for a change. We have extended our deadline and are calling all of our graphic design savvy subscribers out to help us with this task! If you are interested in design and looking to get your name out there, and want to help us out, please read our terms and conditions and enter the contest! We have more than 25,000 mailing list subscribers, more than 27,000 social media followers in the world, and more than 1.5 million unique visitors on the website per year. That’s a lot of people viewing your art work!
Please send any logos you’ve designed to email@example.com in svg format.
Please check out just a few of the submission we’ve already received by some very talented linguists:
How cool are these new logo ideas? Please send your logo submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Remember, as always, LINGUIST List is a free and openly available resource dedicated to providing the best service possible for all fields of linguistics. Please support the LINGUIST List Fund Drive 2015 with a contribution:
Your LINGUIST List Team
Terms and Conditions
- This competition consists in a contest to design a logo for LINGUIST List. It is open to everyone.
- To enter the competition, design a logo to be used on the LINGUIST List website. Design an image which you think incorporates the essence of LINGUIST List. Email your design in svg format to email@example.com.
- All photos, drawings, text, and any other content or information submitted by you to LINGUIST List shall become the sole and exclusive property of LINGUIST List, and LINGUIST List shall have no obligation to preserve or return content to you. If you are selected as the winner, you are allowing LINGUIST List to use your design for free and for any purpose.
- We will acknowledge the winner on our web site by mentioning their name and affiliation if requested. No monetary compensation is foreseen.
- We reserve the right not to select a winner, and not to use any provided logos.
- Entries must be entirely your own original work and must not breach any copyright or third party rights. LINGUIST List will not be made partially or fully liable for any non-original work submitted by you. All entries must be suitable for publication on the LINGUIST List website and public viewing. The design must not include any defamatory, offensive or unlawful content.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
- This competition is administered by LINGUIST List.