There are a lot of weird, and probably unnecessary, gadgets on Amazon.com. For instance, for $10, you could buy one of the following:
– a waterproof notepad to record genius ideas that strike you in the shower
– an umbrella hat, because why hold an umbrella when you can wear it on your head?
– a mold to make perfectly spherical ice balls, which apparently melt slower than cubes
– a clay bear that keeps brown sugar from clumping, for those of us who only bake sporadically
– garden gloves with plastic claws on the ends of the fingers, to help you dig (or pretend you’re a Mutant from X-Men)
– bandages that look like strips of bacon
OR, instead, you could invest in your favorite essential linguistic resource! We invite you to donate $10 (or any amount) to LINGUIST List. Your donation will help make sure that linguists around the world can continue to freely access our services and resources.
Donations are tax-deductible (in the U.S.) and can be made here:
You can also set up a recurring gift here:
https://www.myiu.org/recurring-gift?sc=AG21GANIUFO4GNWETF25M by typing “Linguist List” in the ‘search more funds’ field.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to those who have already donated!