Dear Linguists of the world,
In our recent Challenge updates, we’ve focused on the top Universities to have collectively donated to the LINGUIST List. Most of these are in the USA. But in so doing we feel that we have left out a very important part of our donors, who deserve a special thanks. Today, we are publicly announcing our gratitude to the people who have collectively donated from their non-USA Universities to the LINGUIST List! Here is the current top 10.
A special acknowledgement goes out from us to our most generous University, North-West University, South Africa, who is the only represented Campus from Africa on our donation page as well as being the one with the highest donation outside of the USA (and in front of many USA universities, Number 6 overall)!
1) North-West University, Potchefstroom and Vaal Triangle campuses, South Africa
2) University of Toronto, Canada
3) Simon Fraser University, Canada
4) Carleton University, Canada
5) Universität Konstanz, Germany
6) Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain
7) University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
8) University of Potsdam, Germany
9) University of the Basque Country UPV/EHU, Spain
10) Universität Innsbruck, Austria
Don’t forget that you can still add to these numbers, and to the other Universities, by donating on this page: https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/
Thank you to our very international donors! We are excited to see that our small office in Indiana reaches out the entire world. If you haven’t already, please consider joining this global project!
— the LINGUIST List team